Flaxseed oil is an absolutely unique gift of nature. It is used in medicine as well as cosmetology and diets. It contains vitamins A, E, B, K, F, pollyunsaturated fatty acids which perform the function of energy suppliers to the inner organs and tissues, participate in the formation of cell membranes and reduce the risk of heart diseases. 1-2 tablespoons of the oil daily satisfies the daily norm in unsaturated fatty acids.
Flaxseed Oil Benefits
- The fact that the oil is allowed to be taken during pregnancy and lactation period speaks for itself. It boosts the immune system of a pregnant woman to the level safe for the foetus and necessary to support the mother-to-be and her future child. Without this natural immunity stimulator a pregnant woman is too vulnerable to various infections and fungi.
- The oil plays an inestimable role in prevention of cardiovascular diseases and lowers arterial pressure. It performs blood vessels cleansing from cholesterol plaques. The researches have proved that consumption of the oil reduces the risk of a heart stroke by 37%.
- A positive effect is also on the digestive tract, being applied as a component of effective treatments against helminthes, heartburn, gastritis, ulcers, constipation.
- Flaxseed oil is very advantageous for woman’s health and beauty. It lowers the risk of breast cancer, relieves premenstrual syndrome and premenopause, improves the condition of skin and hair and helps to lose weight. Some women even notice breast growth when taking the oil.
- The oil has positive influence on the metabolism, contributes to strengthening of the nervous system, improves kidney work, the eyesight and helps in asthma treatment.
Flaxseed Oil Side Effects
- Diarrhea, meterorism or gases in the gastrointestinal tract may be caused by consumption of oil in big quantity.
- Possible allergic reaction in people allergic to flaxseed.
- People, suffering from blood coagulation, may raise the risk of bleeding if taking the oil.
- It slows the absorption of medicines and other nutritional substances, that’s why consult a doctor before you start taking the oil.